Level 0: Foundation course (Introduction to agronomy)
None. Agronomists and bioengineers are exempt from this level by default.
Learning the basics of agronomy, essential to understand the material in level 1 and beyond.
Course content and teaching methods
- First group meeting:
- You will receive a folder with a ‘Who’s who’ (Participants’ and teachers’ curriculum vitae, description of participants’ projects, addresses), schedule with dates and times of classes, etc.
- Oral introduction of participants and teachers (Curriculum vitae and goals).
- Classes will cover the following key topics:
- Soil: physics, chemistry and biodiversity
- Soil organic matter dynamics
- Nutrient cycles
- Organic matter and fertilisers
- Crops and livestock
- Cultivation and livestock farming techniques
- History of agriculture
- Farming systems
- Ecological infrastructure
- Biodiversity in agriculture and its role in the functioning of ecosystems
- The crisis in conventional agriculture
- Challenges for the future of agriculture: soil degradation and erosion, landscape and ecosystem simplification, climate change, globalisation, energy crisis, water resources, etc.
- Further reading on these topics will be suggested according to each participant’s needs.
- One to one Skype chats will be offered after this further reading (1 hour per student).
- Practical exercises and field visits will consolidate the concepts taught in the course.
- Length : 48 hours or 4 sessions of one and a half day.
- Number of participants: 30 (maximum)
- Location : Château de Famelette, Wanze, Belgium
Price: €900 (HTVA)*, €1.089 (incl. 21% VAT)
*Meals are included.
No available date(s) ?
Subscribe here below.